Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hot off the Needles...

I feel like it has taken me a year to finish this baby blanket/throw!

The pattern calls for you to cast on 80 stitches with very large needles (I used 11 US circular needles), knit for 7 rows, then transfer to smaller needles (I think mine were 4 US circular) for 7 rows, alternating back & forth until desired length, casting off from the larger set of needles.

I initially tried to do this double-stranded, thinking it would go faster, & that was fine on the larger needles. But ooh lawd what a mistake it was when I got to the smaller ones. I think I knitted 2 rows & it was so tight & so hard to work with that I put it aside for awhile & eventually pulled it back & worked it single-stranded, which was MUCH easier.

I used 3 balls of Bernat "Summer Hours" (AKA Mardi Gras Colors) yarn to make this little beauty, which measures approximately 33" x 22" It is machine washable on cold, dry on medium!

Let me know what you think!



These images don't do the beauty of the ribbing justice

https://www.etsy.com/listing/126378463/ribbed-unisex-baby-blanket-in-mardi-gras

No comments:

Post a Comment