Monday, March 10, 2014

Doctor Who Scarf Saga: Blue Beauty

Dang. I forgot I never published this blog. I had uploaded all the pics via my phone app & wrote all the text from my desktop & saved it. Then I tried to add another pic thru my phone app & it blanked out all the text, so this has been floating around in my draft folder for awhile now.

Hot on the heels of the Season 13 Grey Scale Scarf, my client asked me to do the same sort of thing in shades of blue. I went over to www.herrschners.com and ordered some beautiful Vanna's choice yarn in Aqua, Sapphire, Colonial Blue, Dusty Blue & Silver Blue. 

Day 0 The Madness Awaits


Whenever I start a project, I inevitably have a moment of being unsure if the colors will work together. This typically lasts until I see all the colors together, and then I'm flooded with relief and confidence about the whole project. No exception here. Once I had all five of these colors together, I knew I had a hit on my hands!



Day1, Lookin GREAT
Day 2, approx. 43 inches!
Day 3, 71 inches
Day 4, 90ish inches


Day 6-110 inches (yea I skipped a day, sue me)....
Bound off but not finished...
Tasseled but not blocked


Closeup on stitches after blocking...


14.5 feet of Pure Blue Beauty, nice and soft after 48 hours wet blocking & stretching!

I don't think I mentioned this, but my client was one of my Gally family, so I brought it to him at the convention! He was very happy with his purchase & it was a great feeling to see him wearing it so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment